How can I treat gum problems if they occur?

Your dentist or hygienist will help treat your gum problems by making sure that your teeth are throughly clean. They will also remove any hardened deposits in your mouth (tartar and calculus) that may be helping the plaque to congreate.

Your dentist may recommend treatment using Chlorhexidine Digluconate based mouthwash, such as Corsodyl.

Corsodyl Mouthwash contains an antibacterial ingredient that attacks and help kill the plaque bacteria which are causing your gum irritation. In addition, Corsodyl forms a coating on your teeth, which lasts for up to 12 hours to help prevent new plaque forming on your teeth and causing further irritation.

Gum disease can develop into periodontitis, which can cause serious harm if not treated or spotted in time. To book an appointment with a specialist periodontist in Surrey, visit this website.